Friday, August 29, 2014

 I made this card to enter in the Mark's Famous Papers MFP Sketch With a Twist #113 Challenge, which required the addition of real or faux stitching.  This was right down my ally as sewing is one of my favorite hobbies. I first started "stitching" at about 6 years old when my mother taught me to embroider. I began making embroidered hand towels and pillowcases for my "Hope Chest". (Does anyone today even know what this is?)
Later, at about 10 years old, I started using the sewing machine and Mom enrolled me in Singer Sewing classes.  I loved making all my clothes and continued sewing for myself, my friends, and my children.  This challenge made me feel like I was making clothes again.....
The background square was created using a flower stamp inked with Color Box Petal Inks and enhanced with Copic Sketch pens. The little girl dress is embossed dotted-swiss pattern trimmed with "faux" stitches, vintage lace, ribbon, and appliques from my sewing box!  This was a fun card to create!

                                                     MFPSpeedyTVCHALLENGEWINNERcopy.jpg (300×300)

5 comments:

  1. I loved hearing about learning to sew. I wish I could use my machine. It scares me.

    Your card is cute - it reminds me of paper dolls that were available when I was a kid. Thanks so much for sharing with us on MFP's Sketch with a Twist.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a wonderful story and memory! I for one, cannot sew a stitch! Like Christine, my little machine scares me! The dress on your card is adorable! What a sweet card. Thank you for sharing with us at MFP Sketch With a Twist Challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a fun card! The colors make it feel like spring again! Thanks for joining us at Mark's Finest Papers SWAT challenge!

    hugs!
    Pam
    SWAT design team member
    www.pammiesinkypinkies.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Really , really cute card ............Lis MFP DT

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a fun card. Looks like a little girl's clothes laid out for school. I love your take on the sketch. Thank you for joining us at MFP's Sketch with a Twist.

    Emily T.
    DT Member

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for visiting and for your comments.