Saturday, September 6, 2014

Flower People

Flower Pot People!?!  Hmmmm. That was the subject for this week's MFP Speedy TV Inspiration Challenge #78- Flower Pot People.
I played around with my floral stamps..flower pots...garden stamps..but just could not get inspired. The only  images that kept creeping into my mind for some strange reason, were of the "flower people" in San Francisco in the 1960's...those beautiful girls with wreaths of blossoms intertwined in their hair. Before long, I found myself humming the lyrics to Scott McKenzie's summer-of-love anthem : "If you're going to San Francisco,be sure to wear some flowers in your hair"...  As the song and the images continued to haunt me, I dug through my box of stamps and pulled out one I love... a vintage lady with flowers in her hair. The rest of the card just sort of evolved as I happily stamped and hummed, and painted. I hope you can feel the LOVE!
This card uses bits and pieces from several different stamps. I masked the parts of the stamp I did not want to use, and combined them to get this lovely flower/lady. I used a paint brush and pastel inks to color in the stamped images.
The stamps used were: 1. A vintage style lady for the face, 2, Two separate stamps for the flowers & stems of the plant, and a Circle Flourish stmp surrounding the face. 


3 comments:

  1. Pretty and elegant - you did an awesome job making your lovely flower lady! Thanks for joining us at SpeedyTV this week and hope to see you again soon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your card is so pretty. Great job with the flower lady of the 60's. I enjoyed hearing how you were inspired. Thanks for sharing and for joining us for the Speedy TV inspiration challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Peggy Ann, this is beautiful! Love all the extra work you put into this - it came out wonderfully. Love the inspiration you got from many sources on this. Thanks for joining us in the MFPSpeedyTV Inspiration Challenge!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for visiting and for your comments.