Friday, September 19, 2014

Ruby Falls with Mom

My last blog featured a card I made from a family trip to Lookout Mountain/Ruby Falls in Tennessee. As I continued to look through family pics from that trip..I cam across this one taken the same day as the last with my Mother.  I had to laugh out loud as I recalled the drama this day. This picture was in front of one of the caves. As I recall, there were several caves and passes to explore..all with funny names like Goblins Underpass and Skinny-man's Pass. My mother had a lot of fears on this trip...and one seemed to be a fear of caves. She absolutely refused to go inside of them. This picture is one of the few that showed that she was along on this trip! Dad must have made her pose in front of it! She does look a bit on the serious side! Ha!  I remember that when we got to Skinny Man's Pass, a very tight squeeze through a  small gap between rocks... Mother refused to even try..she was afraid she was too big & would get stuck! I look at how tiny she was in these pictures and am thinking... "WHAT????" Great memories.... I had to capture it in this card to enter in  Mark's Finest Papers Speedy TV Inspiration Challenge # 80- Ruby Falls. Mom deserves a card alongside Dad's.
Me, my brother, and Mom in front of Goblins Underpass at Lookout Mountain, Tennessee.
Circa 1954 or 55. 

3 comments:

  1. Love what you did here the side panels are beautiful..Lis MFP DT

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that you are sharing your beautiful memories with us and the fun stories. I love dragging out old photos and "remembering when." Your layout is absolutely beautiful and please come back and visit us again at SpeedyTV's Inspiration Challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your card and your story. Great layout and colors and I love that picture. My husband is almost 300 lbs and we thought there was no way he would get through but he did - but we were scared! Those openings are narrow so I can see how she was afraid. Thanks for joining us in the MFPSpeedyTV Inspiration Challenge Peggy Ann.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for visiting and for your comments.